Monday, March 9, 2009

Pretty in Pink...

These are a few cards that I made while at our stamp club. I don't bring a whole lot with me so that is why the cards are so similar. I find that I have a hard time creating when I am not in my studio. I have somewhat of an idea of what the card is going to look like before I start but the embellishments are almost always decided on after I see the card. It is so much easier for me to have my things around me and I "try them on" sort of speak.

One of the gals commented that I seem to be the only one that gets something accomplished at club. I try to make good use of time. There are nights that I am just dead tired when I get home from work and I don't feel like creating anything to fill my blog. The "Happy Birthday" stamp was new and it wasn't until after I stamped it that I realized it wasn't on the wood block straight. Of course it couldn't have been a tag that I was stamping it on for the first time- nooo, it had to be the card itself. Oh well. I remember someone saying these are the things that show it is handmade. Looks like I need to re-ink my black pad also.

If you are anything like me I find myself getting lost when visiting someones blog. I go from one link on a blog to the next and then visit some of their favorite places and before you know it I can't find where I started from. On occasion I come across something great by accident and here is one of them- Craft Critique and they are having a great give-a-way. Don't even ask me what or who led me to their site. Check them out. I look forward to reading this blog to get some great insight and tips.

PS. The turkey dinner was great and I am getting as brown as that butterball bird did.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

Stamps: Inkadinkado- Butterfly; Imaginisce-Tree, Stampendous-Happy birthday
Paper: The Paper Studio; SU Pink Passion, Black, White
Ink: SU Classic Black
Accessories and Tools: SU ticket punch; Paper Studio-Spare Parts flowers and Gingham brads; Black satin ribbon; Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment