Sunday, March 1, 2009

Layers

This looks like a very nice card, right. I thought so too, at first. It is simple and elegant and I am sure the person receiving it would think it was fabulous. I was trying to make several cards to have on hand when I first got my cuttlebug. Each one didn't take me long at all and they were far from being plain janes, but I didn't spend the extra time to add more layers. I just wanted to show you how you can take your stamping to the next level by layering. This doesn't take long at all. I just had to cut two extra pieces of paper and attach it.

Take a look at the next picture. It is the exact same card, but I took it apart and added a simple layer of white card stock . Look at how it pops and how much it adds. I also added just three small pearls in the bottom corner. I think it took me less than 10 minutes to get out the supplies, cut the paper and attach the pearls and look what I got.

If you really want to see some beautiful cards, take a stroll on over to Amy Sheffer's blog. She does a lot of layering and it sure shows in the beauty of her cards. They all look so rich due to the depth of the layers. I love her work and it is an inspiration for me. I'm sure you will be as amazed as I was the first time I went to her blog.

Well my ticket is booked and I am off to sunny Florida in three weeks. My friend Betsy and I are going down to visit our stamping buddy Carol. This may be a dangerous combination. The three of us sitting around the pool drinking wine and hitting some awesome stamping stores. It is only 19 degrees here right now so you can only imagine how excited I am.

Have fun and enjoy,

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment