Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vintage....


I tried my hand at a vintage card. I think I should have used a lighter brown ink to rub on the paper to make it look old, but it still turned out ok. I used a Tonic Studio punch that creates a border. The buttons added a nice center to the flowers. I tried to keep the colors more vintage and earthy rather than using brighter brads. I have had this lace for a long time and finally found the right card for it. The punch is the SU Designer label with a sentiment from Hero Arts. This is a very simple quick card that can easily be done in 20 minutes.

My studio is a mess right now. I tackled my stamp collection and went through all of them so see what I could do without. In total I was able to lighten the load by 74 sets. Yes- I said sets. I have not gotten rid of any stamps since I started stamping over 9 years ago. It made me a little sick inside to see that some of them weren't even mounted and quite a few are still virgins. And these were sets that I just had to have. I still need to go through my stamps that are not from SU and that I have acquired as singles over the years. I know there are quite a few of those that can be added to the "get rid of" list. Over the years my tastes have changed and I look at some of those stamps and wonder what was I thinking. Oh well- one man's trash, is another man's treasure. Someone will feel very lucky to have them.

I must say the state of the economy has me thinking twice before I buy stamps which is a good thing. Before I buy anything I ask myself if I really need it and do I have something similar at home that I could use instead. Most of the time the answer is I already have something I could use so back on the store shelf it goes. The stamp stores are surely missing my business. In the past if I liked it; I just bought it. I guess all things are possible if I can change.

I have a confession! I am a die hard "Lost" fan. It is hard to follow sometimes but it is certainly different than anything else on TV these days and I get real tired of the reality shows. I am trying to post this in between commercials so if this seems a little choppy I apologize.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment