Sunday, February 22, 2009

A little fun....

Today's post adds a little whimsy. I found this cute paper called Sweet by DCWV at JoAnns. It was an 8x8 pad but I think it also came in the 12x12. Most of the pages have a little bit of glitter and there are some browns in the pack that are just fabulous and a bit elegant. But for today I wanted something pink. The oval image of the cake was actually in the bottom right corner of the paper so I just cut it out freehand around the spiral and used that as the focus of my card. The pink background paper has little cupcakes on it. Just so darn cute!.



I used my Spellbinders Decorative Photo Corners and added a little bling to dress them up. A bit of SU close to cocoa run through my cuttlebug using "Swiss Dot" tied it all together. Jo-Anns also had quite a bit of their ribbon on clearance. I found this pink ribbon marked down from $3.49 a roll to $.97 for three yards. Looks like I have quite a bit of ribbon to roll onto clothes pins.

I have to tell you something that I found rather funny about the photo corners. I had seen these on a card on someones blog and wanted to add them to my collection. Yesterday my DH was going to the grocery store next to Hobby Lobby ( I wanted to stay home in my PJs) and I asked him if he would check to see if they had this set. Knowing I don't buy anything unless I have a coupon or it is on sale he said "do you have a coupon"? Well isn't that a silly question, of course I have a coupon. I printed out a picture of the set and I showed him a Spellbinders set I have that is still in the package so he would recognize the packaging. As I was trying to explain what isle to go down and on what side he would see them, he says to me "Oh I know where they are; they are right by the Cricut stuff". I thought to myself that this is pretty scary when he knows where items are in a craft store before he even gets there. All done and said they had this set so I went to work on the card when he got home. He also brought me a belated Valentine's Day treat. They had their candy 66% off so I was in pig heaven with Cherry Cordial Hershey Kisses and Tootsie Rolls.

What a perfect day. I stayed in my PJ's, worked on some cards and had my favorite scented jar candle burning (sweet laurel & red currant from HL) as it snowed like crazy outside. Add a few chocolates and it was pure bliss.

Have fun and Enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment