Monday, February 16, 2009

Thank you...

I needed to make a quick thank you card so I went for my trusty MS edge punch and Marvy scalloped punches. I haven't used my scor-pal in a long time and thought it was time to put that to use. It added just enough to the bottom of the card. I used Papertrey Ink (PTI) paper for this project- polka dot parade and ocean tides and a piece of SU so saffron. The little flowers were punched out using an EK Success small punch. I added a few small pearls and white polka dot organza ribbon.

I have to admit I don't say thank you as often as I should. I am very appreciative of what others do for me and I always feel it in my heart, but I forget to put it into words. For anyone out there that has felt that I didn't properly acknowledge them, please know that your kind gesture did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

This week is starting out to be very stressful at work. Sometimes staff and management aren't always on the same page or we get so focused on our own issues, that we have a hard time understanding where the other party is coming from. Being in middle management is putting me right in the middle and to tell you the truth, sometimes I wonder if it is worth it. Working right along side those you supervise is more challenging than I had ever envisioned and there are some people who make it more challenging than others, but that's life. When you add economic stress into the equation you have to understand how this impacts people's behavior. I just wish they could offer me the same courtesy. If there was one of life's lessons that my parents taught that I am most grateful for it would be "life isn't always fair-it's not always apples to apples". I think I need to buy that stamp that says "put your big girl panties on and deal with it".

This is why I stamp. It takes away the stress of everyday life and I would like to argue that it is cheaper than a therapist, but when I take a look at all the stamps on my shelf I'm not so sure . Soon I will have to rent a storage unit for all my creations. Now that's a lot of therapy. Thanks for letting me vent. I think I just heard someone say "the doctor will see me now".

Have fun and enjoy.

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment