Monday, February 9, 2009

It didn't happen for me....

I was hoping to have some exciting news to share with you in the next couple of weeks but it doesn't look like it will happen. A few weeks ago I submitted four pieces of my artwork in hopes of gettting a place on the Spellbinders Design Team. Today they notified the top 20, but my call never came. The top 20 must create another project of Spellbinders choice to earn one of the final 8 spots. Oh well, there are more things to be greatful for than there are to be dissappointed over. For one thing I still have my job and family (wait that's two).

The positive side of this journey is I started my own blog. Spellbinders highly recommends that their designers have their own blog to share and connect with other crafters- thus the birth of Dragonfly Dreams.





This is the card that I submitted using the Spellbinders Label I Nestabilities. I colored a piece of tin with my Ranger Alcohol Inks and then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the "Stylized" embossing folder. Once it was embossed I used the largest Nestabilities. I used the smaller ones to create the black and white nested labels. The sentiment tag was also created using Spelbinders "Tags". Below is the inside of the card. It is somewhat of a pop-up card. I'm not even sure if there is a specific name for this type of card. Again I used the Label I Nestabilities and the "Swiss Dot" embossing folder.

I will share the other projects I submitted later this week. If you really want to see what these designers can create, skip on over to Becca Feeken's blog called Amazing Paper Grace. Becca is one of the current designers and I'm sure will continue on this year as well. Her work is absolutely beautiful. Look through her older posts for her tutorial on how to tie a bow.





This is only a minor setback in my artistic creativity. It encourages me to try even harder and dig a little deeper into my creative self. It also helps me to realize that just because it didn't get me what I wanted, it doesn't mean it's not good. If it makes me happy then that's all that matters.

Have fun and enjoy

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment