Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Queen of her domain



I like to call this piece the "Queen of her domain" because this altered bird feeder looks like a fortress for the little queen inside. I painted the unfinished wood and antiqued it a bit with brown ink. The little spoons creating the pillars of the entryway are actually small tasting spoons that I painted with brown iron oxide paint to make them look rusted. When we are at Sam's Club, my husband and son are on a mission to find and sample every thing at the demo stations set up around the store. I don't mind but I told them they have to save their little spoon for me. I get "the look" from them but they are always amazed what I do with the items I ask them for. I added copper tape and a few Spellbinders shapeabilities as well as some rub-ons. Below is a close up of her majesty inside. The alligator clip is holding an antique button and a rusted star is mounted up on the back corner. This was the altered project I entered for the Spellbinders design team.



I really enjoy altered art. I don't always have the finished product in my head when I start. Most of the time the creation just evolves as I go along. I like to just let the flow of creativity take me where it wants to go. That is all I have for tonight. This cold is still lingering on and draining my energy. I'm not taking antibiotics so hopefully I can kick this in the but!

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment