Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not stars in the sky...


I made this card for a co-worker whose father-n-law passed away this week. With all of the cut-backs at work we knew this person would not want us to spend money on flowers or a memorial gift. The most caring gesture we could offer were our words of sympathy. I was very honored when they asked me if I would make a card to pass around.

I love to use braid on my cards but because it frays I don't use it as often as I would like unless I am going to put something at the ends. I do use a bit of fabric glue on the ends. If anyone out there has any tips or suggestions I would love to hear from you.

I found the silk flowers in the bridal isle at Jo-ann's . There are 12 in a package and they even have a sticky back. They were clearance down to 97 cents. I believe they come in white also but that spot was empty. I used my labels nestabilities and my MS punches. The DS paper by "The Paper Company" (I think I got it at Michaels) was very hard to match so I went with silver rather than trying to match the smoky teal color.

The sentiment is one of my favorites. I chose to put it on the outside so it left more room inside for people to sign. Inside I used a simple "With Sympathy". I really would have liked to use one of the new stick pins I made but I didn't think a pretty bow would hold up well with as much as this card will get passed around to for signing.

Just a little forewarning. I am looking at updating the design of my blog so it may look very different in the upcoming weeks. This current look is a generic template that I chose just to get me started and off the ground. I am going to try to do this myself rather than hire someone to design it for me. Wish me luck. The name isn't going to change, just the look.

My dear friend had knee surgery this week and I want to wish her a speedy recovery! Get well Carol and I hope you are back on both feet soon- the stamp companies are missing your shopping.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment