Friday, February 13, 2009

Dream the Impossible

This is a piece that I created on a 8 x 10 mat board and covered with Anna Griffin paper. I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the edging and added metal corners. The bottom panel is gold then I used an olive color and then sage. The top panel is a vanilla panel stamped with a Tim Holtz stamp. I had this metal gate that I mounted on top and used large eyelets to run chocolate ribbon through to help hold it in place. I used three Spellbinders shapeabilities symbology cut outs since this was one of the items I submitted for a place on the design team. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom and it is a stamp from Stampabilities. You can see the rhinestones and a better view of the Tim Holtz stamp in the picture below.


It certainly has been a long week. We have had to cut hours at work and the staff is very uneasy. It is very unsettling for most of us as we see companies struggling with lay offs and closings all around us in Michigan. The economy is being hit very hard here in the automotive state. I never thought I would see this in my lifetime. We all know times are tough right now; the scary part is not knowing just how bad it is going to get before it gets better. I am just so grateful to have a job right now that can provide food on the table, a roof over our heads, and the bills get paid on time. My heart aches for those that are less fortunate. Lets hope that this nation can survive what is to come and we can rebuild what we have lost.

I need to get some cleaning done this weekend as I have been under the weather for the last 2 weekends. I also need to get some get well cards made and a sympathy card. Looks like I am going to be pretty busy. Better get to bed early tonight.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment