Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What..I don't see it.


Baaaaby it's cold outside! The thermometer is reading 7 degrees and it was only 2 degrees when I got up 2 hours ago. Looks like it is going to be a cold one today. It is hard to believe we had 60 degree weather just a few weeks ago.

I wanted to tell you a little secret about today's card. There was a mistake on this card and rather than throw it into the reject pile I decided to salvage the hard work I had already done.
I had the DS paper sewn on (which I do very little of because I don't always sew straight and I am a perfectionist) and the lace was already attached. I used a rub-on for the flourish on the white scallop and so far it looked great, until a stamped a Penny Black dove next to the flourish in the wrong color of pink. I almost never attach the layers until after they are stamped but for some reason this time I didn't. I looked around my desk to see what I had that could cover up the dove and I wasn't coming up with anything. I swung around in my chair and saw my punches looking right back at me. That scallop square couldn't have been a fraction smaller or it wouldn't have covered up the mistake. I can't tell you how many times I have saved a card by adding an embellishment to just the right spot and I bet you have too. Ribbon can also be a life saver. By the looks of my ribbon jars, I will be saved for life.

I used SU pink pirouette card stock and the printed paper is the Sweet glitter paper from the DCWV as is the polka dot paper. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set. The small flower embellishment's were out of the dollar bin at JoAnns and the larger ones came from Hobby Lobby in the Easter isle. The lace was a great bargain from Mary Maxim. It was on a bolt with 40 yards on it. The original price was $23.60 but they clearanced a lot of their ribbon down to 75% off making it $5.97. The night of the sunset sale I was able to get an additional 40% off. What a bargain!

I am thinking that Carol has received her Get Well card by now so I can share it with the rest of you. By now the ole gal is up dancing and back in the stores. I have thought about paying her a visit in sunny Florida and after today's weather my bags will be packed. What a treat that would be; stamping and shopping in the mornings- sipping wine by the pool in the afternoons. Visa-versa it wouldn't matter to me. The embellishments on this card are actually green but they look clear.


I took today and tomorrow off of work. I would like to tackle a few chores and my stamp collection. The altered book will have to wait. I need to go through me stamp sets to see what I could get rid of. There are sets on those shelves that I haven't used in 3 years because they are on the bottom or in the back. I figured that if I haven't used them in that amount of time- I don't think I am going to. My son Elliot said he would sell them on E-bay for me. I am sure they are all retired by now and I know there must be someone out there looking for them. As a demonstrator I had all the popular sets. I don't do many demonstrations anymore so I don't buy as much. I can't believe I am saying this but "it is also rather insane to have this many stamps". There I said it- so I am sure my family will think I have finally cracked.
I am going to catalog them so I know what I have or should I say getting rid of. If there is a special set you are looking for, I might just have it.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment