Sunday, March 15, 2009

So simple


I wanted to create a card that was simple but had a touch of elegance to it. I think beginners get intimidated by the complexity of some of the beautiful cards out there that they don't even attempt to take their stamping to the next level. When I started my blog I wanted it to be a place where fellow stampers could get inspired and get a tip or two every now and then. I remember the days when I first started stamping and everything seemed overwhelming. Hence the reason for today's card. I know there are a lot of new stampers out there who are combing the blogs for inspiration. This one is for you!

This card took me all of 15 minutes. Notice that there isn't any stamping on it; which is usually against all my beliefs, but I had just purchased this new paper and chipboard from JoAnn's and I immediately saw an quick creation. These are both from the La Cre'me line of DCWV. Isn't it just gorgeous. I purchased the 4.5''x6" stack because of the price (sale $5.99 for 72 sheets) and I liked that the patterns were smaller than the larger stacks. Both the paper and chipboard are black flocked which gives it such a wonderful texture. The lighter flecks on the flower and the veins on the leaves is actually black but the way the flash hit it; makes it look silver. Wherever you see the darker black is where it is flocked. The ribbon was on clearance to 50 cents for the whole spool and the gemstones are from Hero Arts.

I will leave you with my so simple card. Today is going to be a beautiful sunny day so I want to get out and get some fresh air.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment