Monday, April 20, 2009

Bargain Baby...

Just about everything I used on this card was a bargain. I absolutely love the white satin floral trim on this card. I was in my local stamp store on Saturday and a friend showed me this satin trim she just purchased (thank you, thank you, thank you Doris). She said she found it in the stamping section but since she used to work there she knew it was ticketed in the wrong department and no one knew where it had come from. She had purchased 3 yards and there was still plenty left. I was talking to another member of our stamping group at the time and she said she would also like to get 3 yards. I took it to the cutting counter and had them cut the 3 yards for Audrey and then I would buy what was left. To my surprise there was still 6 1/2 yards left. Hold on to your chair when I tell you how much it was. Ready..... only .47 a yard. I couldn't believe it. It didn't come in any other colors, but I have enough to share with my stamping pals.

The blue plaid ribbon is the same as the purple ribbon I used on the rooster card in an earlier post. It was from Hobby Lobby at $3 for 10 yards (50% off). The designer paper is Chloe's Closet from Making Memories. I found this on clearance at Michael's while I was in Florida. It was only $2.35 for a 6x6 pad of 36 papers. The designer label punch was also a good deal since I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator. The flower punch is by The Paper Studio which goes on sale at HL for 50% off quite often. I chose to use the little butterfly stamp in the bottom right corner instead of brads or eyelets. It was only .99 as wood mounted by hero arts. Brenda at Mary Maxim breaks up sets of stamps, grunge board, stickers and such- then sells them individually so it is more affordable for her customers. I like it because there is always something in the packages that isn't appealing to me. Now I can buy just what I like. She doesn't price it to make money, she divides up the package price by the number of pieces. That is a good business woman.

The card stock is SU Buckaroo Blue which is a retired color but still one of my favorites and one in which I have quite a good stash of. The ink is SU Night of Navy and their white opaque uni-ball Signo gel pen- love that little thing. I used my stardust gel pen on the butterflies to give them a bit of bling. I don't remember where I got the blue rhinestones but I know I got them on sale somewhere. I hardly ever buy something unless it is on sale or I have a coupon.

Today it was damp rainy and cold. We may get a few snow flurries out this tomorrow. Let's hope the meteorologist is wrong again. Being Michigan- it is supposed to be up in the 70's again by the end of the week. It was nice to come home from work tonight and get right into my jammies. For all you young mothers out there, this is what you can look forward to when the kids have grown up.

Hope you enjoyed my bargain card. It was made from items I just had to have. Isn't it funny how as stampers we no longer have the word "want" in our vocabulary. It has been replace with "need" like we wouldn't be able to breathe if we didn't have it.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment