Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On his way to awesome

This is a card that I made for a co-worker who has lost 32lbs. He had the lap-band weight loss surgery 4 weeks ago. He wants to loose at least another 70 lbs. and we are very supportive of him in his journey. I told him he was on his way to awesome.

I always have such a hard time with masculine cards as I think a lot of us do. My difficulty is not being able to use my favorite foo-foo embellishments and ribbon. I have a very hard time trying to keep it plain and simple. I used sage green, burgundy and copper card stock along with my newest spellbinder label four and MS edge punch.

He loved it and more than the card itself he appreciated the support that it represented. I always find it amazing at what a little card can do. I told him that is what friends do. They support each other rather than get jealous. You can imagine how much I would love to loose 30 lbs.

I had a friend who really ruined our friendship due to jealousy. I never felt our friendship was a competition but she seemed to turn it into that; the clothes I wore, the friends we had in common, our artwork. I had complimented her and another friend on how beautiful their work was and she made the comment-"but we don't tattle about it on a blog". As you can imagine this really hurt at that moment. My whole intention with my blog was to give others inspiration. I have since gotten over this with the help of a really true friend who helped me to see that this negative person has a lot of mental hang-ups and I am not going to let her mental health affect my love of stamping or my creativity- Thanks again Carol, you are truly a wonderful friend. I have had far more people tell me how much they enjoy my work and my blog. It's too bad that some people can be so miserable with their life that they feel the need to project their negativity on others. What I feel the worst about is that these people don't do anything to help themselves except look for pity. I don't need that in my life so I guess I have one less so-called friend.

Thanks for letting me vent and I promise you I will not be ending my blog. God gave me a gift and I plan to share it. I can now put this to rest and forget about it. Thanks to all of you who are so supportive of me.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment