Sunday, April 19, 2009

A cup of tea...


Here is the teabag project I made earlier this week. It doesn't take much time and it very simple to make. You could use regular card stock for this but I chose to use double sided paper so the inside was decorated as well. The verse that goes on the inside is in the last photo. I just printed it on the computer onto paper that matched the color scheme. I'm sure there are several verses you could use, and using a teapot stamp would be perfect. Play with it and make it your own. This is just a general template for you to follow.

If you aren't a tea drinker I just wanted to give you a heads up on the bags. They don't all come individually wrapped in the box and I don't think you would want to just put the bare teabag in the card.

Here are the instructions for this 3 3/4" x 3 1/4" finished card.
This is actually the outside print of the card. The print showed up better on the mat I was using to photograph on. I hope this doesn't confuse you. You will need to cut a piece of paper 9 3/4 x 3 3/4. Score it at 3 1/4 and 6 1/2 inches.


This is the inside view of the card. On the right end of the card, measure 1" up from the bottom. At this mark you will cut a diagonal from this mark up to the 6 1/2 score mark. This is what will create the pocket to hold the teabag.


I used my 1/4 inch terrifically tacky tape. I didn't want to use anything wider because the wider the tape the smaller the pocket will end up being. Only put the tape on the 1" side and along the bottom to create the pocket. Do not put any along the diagonal.




There will be a 2 1/4 x 3 3/4 piece of scrap paper left over. This is the piece I used on the left hand side to decorate the inside a little more and to cover up the edges of the ribbon I wrapped around from the front of the card. It will fit perfectly without having to trim it which is even more of a reason it use it. I also used my rectangular scallop nesties. The dark chocolate brought out the color in the designer paper very nicely. It looks black in the picture but it is a very dark chocolate.

The person I had this in mind for is a dedicated tea drinker. She likes things simple so I tried to keep that in mind when decorating the front. Right now she is trying to prepare an annual budget at work and it is always a very stressful time. I figured this would be the perfect time to send this to her. I hope she enjoys it as much as I had fun making it. Remember, a little gesture as simple as this can mean the world to someone when they are having a rough or stressful time.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

Supplies
Paper:
Autum Leaves- Tiffany's
Accessories: Spellbinders- rectangular scallop nestabilities, Prima flowers, ribbon, gems

No comments:

Post a Comment