Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

What a wonderful time of year. Easter always means rebirth and a new beginning. The start of a new season- well at least in most areas of the US. We just got rid of our snow and it went into the 20's last night. I hope all of you had a nice Easter. We had a pretty quiet one here. The kids are grown and I think this was the first year we didn't color eggs. I did however leave an Easter basket out for the Easter bunny to fill. He did a pretty good job this year. I was a very good girl and only had 3 pieces. The older I get the less I crave chocolate. Whats up with that. It must be the hormones starting to change.

I am missing the Florida weather and my tan is fading a little. I looked pretty pathetic sitting out on the deck out of the wind trying to soak up some of the sunshine we had today. It sure felt good and even though it only got up to 45 degrees I actually got a little bit of a sunburn.

I don't make too many Easter cards. I love this stamp but I still haven't found a way to use it that satisfies me. I tried to add a bit of color to the box and ribbon that the rabbit is holding. Tried the gamasol method. I guess I need more practice. I found a solvent bottle on e-bay to hold the gamasol. They are the bottles that nail technicians use for nail polish remover. It was only $2.33 and is the pump type that will hold a bit of the solution in the upper part after you pump it a few times. It also has a flip closed lid to keep the gamasol from evaporating. Beats the glass ones that run for $24 or more for as much as I will use it. I needed to tone down the light pink so it looked more vintage like the printed paper but when I was done it looked peach but I went with it anyway.

Hope the Easter bunny was good to you and that you find all those hard boiled Easter eggs.

Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Inspirations
Paper: Brenda Walton- Madeline Wild Roses, SU- always artichoke, pink pirouette.

Ink: SU- always artichoke, Ranger Distress Ink-antique linen, Koh-I-Noor pencils.
Accessories & Tools: Spellbinders- long scalloped rectangles, SU ticket punch, Prima flowers, The Robbins Nest- hyacynth.

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment