Monday, April 6, 2009

The Journey

As I said in my last post- I didn't get much done in the way of stamping while I was on vacation because my priority was to enjoy the sun and sights and boy am I glad I did. It was 88 degrees when I left Florida and this morning I woke up to snow and slush. You have got to be kidding. April and we are still getting snow? Now I just close my eyes and imagine myself floating in the pool and I can almost feel my body soaking up that sunshine. OK so it's the blanket I have wrapped around me that is keeping me warm. Don't burst my bubble.

This is a card that I created around the larger tag from the Que Sera Sera line of K & Company. I found it so fitting since I was on my own little journey. You know how it is when you get something new and you just can't wait to use it, rather than putting it into your stash and using it as needed. Somehow I find it harder to create a card this way rather than selecting my color combo first and then finding the embellishment to fit. These are some awesome tags and they go perfectly with the same line of paper. The detail on the tags is beautiful. The teal stitching was even already done for me. I did have to add the tan piece with the three brown brads. I guess this is where you could put another smaller tag with a message on it if you wanted. The printed paper is "Far East" by DCMV and the card stock is SU Tempting Turquoise and Ruby Red. I toned it all down with some distress ink. The Prima flowers are something new that I picked up while in Florida. I just love how they come packaged in a clear tube that looks like hand lotion would come in. The stamp is from Catslife Press. I got it at this fantastic stamp store called The Owl and the Pussycat in Fort Myers. They have the best things in this store that I haven't seen in any stores around here. What a treat it was.

I have a habit of making cards where everything matches so perfectly. I think that is what I like the most about how this card turned out. The colors are of the same hue but they aren't a perfect match and that's OK. I am trying to get a different feel for some of my cards rather than just doing the same thing over and over. I hope this is what I am also helping you to do. I go to other blogs for inspiration and tips than can take me out of my comfort zone. I said in my first post that I was creating this blog as a place where others can find inspiration and their inner creativity.

I also had some time to make a few tags with some of the new Tim Holtz masks and stamps. I am always more in my element when I have Tim with me. I will share these with you in my next post after I pack my bags and head back to Florida. Just kidding! That is the reason for the other little quote on the card- Hope and Dream.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment