Friday, April 17, 2009

thanking the kind gestures of friends...


Here is a thank you card that I made to thank some new friends in Florida. We were invited over to Fran and Dan's house for dinner and I really enjoyed spending the evening with them. Dan is an awesome cook on the grill and Fran knows just how to pull all the sides together for a fabulous dinner. A hand made thank you offers so much more gratitude because it is made from the heart. I hope I am not spoiling this because they most likely won't get the card until later tomorrow. Let's hope Fran won't be on my blog for a few days.

This isn't raspberry fizz but I bet the ribbon is pretty close. The card stock is SU river rock and purely pomegranate (no longer available). The printed paper is Brenda Walton -Madeline wild roses. I used my new Spellbinders Label 4 nesties and the Martha Stewart fern punch. This punch gives such a delicate feel to the card. The ribbon was one of the $1 spools from Michaels and I found a nice olive colored prima flower in my stash. The sentiment is from Tinkering Ink Clear Stamps- simply spring. This stamp set has a set of birds, a flourish, three other sentiments and some flowers. It is one of my new favorites. A few oval pearls and some rhinestones finished the card nicely.

I belong to a stamp club and we meet once a month. Last night we made a cute little card that you can tuck a teabag into with a very cute verse to go along with it. I will post a picture with instructions and the verse this weekend. It's the perfect little card to give to a friend that needs a pick-me-up. There are 6 of us who usually sit at the same table. One had been in Florida for 10 weeks (lucky girl) and one had surgery, but last night it was nice for friends to be back together again. The 6 of us also get together each month on our own and we work on individual projects or something special if one of us wants to try to teach the rest. We have such a good time stamping but we never seem to get a whole lot done. Having fun is all that matters even if we are putting paper into the crimper backwards or scoring at the wrong measurements; we just enjoy each others company.

Have fun and enjoy

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment