Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What day is it?




A Saturday sketch on a Wednesday. I wonder if anyone will start that one. Anyway this was a card that I created for Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch this past weekend. I wanted to save this for earth day- going green. I thought it fit so well. I loved these colors and I must say I really like these challenges. I have heard some say that they really feel boxed in when they are given a template to follow and they just can't seem to come up with anything. I think if you try too hard it creates a block. Just relax and start to play with it. The more you create following a template the easier it gets. I am having a lot of fun with them and my creativity just seems to flow.

I am looking forward to this weekend. My son's artwork has been published in the college magazine and they are having a reception for him and the other students whose work was also published. I am very proud of him but I can't take all the credit for his artistic genes. Before my husband's stroke he could draw anything. You wouldn't believe the things that man could draw with an etch-a-sketch. I'm not talking stick figures here, he drew as if he was using a pencil. My father-n-law also is very talented when it comes to painting and drawing so it must be that side of the family. Congrats Elliot- I am so proud of you!! (do you think that will get me my new blog design) hee hee!



Here is a little something I got on QVC. I think it also came in black but the white looks so good in my stamping room. I'm not sure who makes this. The labels on the jars say Floral embellishments. The small flowers are about 1/4" and are just the right size when using them in threes or fives. Each jar is 3 1/2 inches high and packed full- as you can see.

Well that is it for tonight. I need to make a Secretaries Day card for work tomorrow and a Birthday card for Friday. I better get busy.

Have fun and enjoy!

~Kim

Supplies

Stamps: Imaginisce-Fairest of them all, tree; Fiskars- Tartan'n Time
Paper: SU- taken with teal, tempting turquoise; DCWV- citrus stack.
Ink: SU- tempting turquoise, white
Accessories: Martha Stewart edge punch, Prima flowers, Kaiser Craft- square rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment